Friday 24 April 2009

The English Asparagus Season Is Here!!

At last..the English Asparagus season is here! No other asparagus has quite the same flavour as ours. Sadly, the season lasts only a matter of weeks, so you have to get it while you can & I did!! I have to say that it is one of my favourite veggies & before I ate mine, I just had to make a mini version...as usual!! This "little" example is simply steamed ( & did you know that you must always steam aspargus standing upright in the pan?!) & served with crisply fried British bacon...yum..I can't wait for the "real" version later tonight!!

8 comments:

Sumaiya Mehreen said...

So wonderful .... :O

Debbie said...

Looks lovely Linda. My Father In Law, eats his Asparagus raw...

linsminis said...

mmm...me too Debbie, but only if it's really freshly picked!

Daisy said...

Hum,is so delicious!

rosanna said...

You should try Albenga asparagus, they are so tender that you can eat them raw. Delicious! Have you ever tried them with an egg, fried in butter (liquid yolk). It's a must do. I love them...and yours!

linsminis said...

I'd love to try it Rosanna, I've heard such a lot about it (one of my daughters lived in Bassano Del Grappa for 4 years & I hoped to try it there, but I was never there at the right time!)I'm going to try them with an egg..it sounds delicious! :-))

Joana said...

Linda, the asparagus look real!! Your minis are so impressing, you put such realism in it!
Lllooove it!!!

*******
Hugs

kimsminiatures said...

Linda.... wonderful as always. You have such talent. I'm always happy to see your latest creations. Mini hugs!