Thursday 22 October 2009

2 posts in 2 days..what's wrong with me?

I rather think I'm like a bus.....you wait for hours for 1 & then 2 come along at the same time|! :-))
It's definitely Autumn here now...grey days with wind, rain & leaves blowing everywhere ....& as a result my thoughts have turned to the wonderful, hearty, warming dishes that only the British can produce(to cheer them up of course over the winter months! :-))..)
This is a wonderful stew that I remember from my childhood...here in the bleak North East of England we needed these wholesome stews to see us through the long winters!! LOL On this litte, aged board are the ingredients to make one of the nicest meals you could ever taste..no fuss...no "chefiness"..just good old fashioned food!!

Ingredients to make a "Jugged Hare"!



A version of this in the Kaye Browning Museum in Maysville, Kentucky & I have seen the odd skinned hare made in miniature since I first made them...sadly, I think the makers haven't actually seen a real life skinned hare & don't realise just how dark the meat is & how much fat is left on the carcass once the fur is taken off..which, of course, has to be performed while the hare is still warm!! I've done so many over the years & only stopped when I got a segment of tapeworm stuck underneath my finger nail! I've never skinned a rabbit or hare since...it put me RIGHT off!! LOL..If anyone wants a "sick bag" just yell!!!! LOL

13 comments:

Stephanie Kilgast said...

eew, now that is disgusting Linda, I want that "sick bag" lol!

hugs!

linsminis said...

Sick bag heading your way Stephanie!!! LOL

Linda Carswell said...

Definately not one of your prettiest pieces Linda...Possibly not to be viewed if feeling a little squirmish....but a wonderful miniature piece!!...macarons are probably more my 'speed'...but what ever you make is so realistic!!
Regards, Linda...
p.s...wether you blog once a month or each day, your work is always worth the wait!

rosanna said...

Your mini is awesome, the description....well, I could have made without it.Brilliant work Linda, it's always amazing close how you get to the real thing. I love anything you do,Rosanna

jocelyn teo said...

pass the sickbag Stephanie!! :D But that just shows how real your miniature skinned hare is. I would probably barf at seeing the real one too.

and keep the posts coming! we don't care if you post every single minute!! :D

love,
jocelyn!

cockerina said...

or Mom!! also jugged hare sai ... cook???
that beautiful grating lemon!
ah ah! very realistic, well done!

bye, Caterina

leminisdicockerina.blogspot.com

cockerina said...

or Mom!! also "hare jugged" you know ... cook???
that beautiful grating lemon!
ah ah! very realistic, well done!


excuse my bad English ...
bye, Caterina

leminisdicockerina.blogspot.com

Kathi said...

SICK BAG over here! QUICK!!!

Unknown said...

why are sickbags necessary, that's GORGEOUS!

Cindy, who is fascinated by serial killers ;)

linsminis said...

LOL Cindy..I think the thought of a tapeworm segment stuck under my nail could explain the need for sickbags! As for your fascination with serial killers..me too!!

Teresa Martínez- IGMA artisan said...

la forma de la Liebre es perfecta, y el color pues no sé decirlo `pues nunca he visto una liebre despellejada.
Genial el trabajo Linda!

Norma Bennett said...

Like all of your work that is just amazing! Reminds me of my childhood in New Zealand when my big brother would come home from shooting rabbits, lay them out on the lawn in the backyard and get busy with his skinning knife... they were considerably pinker than your hare tho! :)

Noemí said...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!, is very, very, very, realistic. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!