Tuesday 10 January 2012

Starfish this time!

Ok...still in the unusual seafood mode, I was making starfish in a crate (actually a handwoven square basket!) as part of the ongoing seafood commission & as I had a sea urchin left over, I ended up making more & more starfish!

The original commissioned piece

They were actually quite addictive to make!
So, obviously I then had to make another basket/crate to accommodate the overflow & thus the starfish & sea urchin crate was born!
Does anyone actually eat starfish.......

And the excess starfish!

3 comments:

Gill said...

I'm so pleased there are girls like you that can make the more unusual things otherwise our miniature scenes would be full of nothing but cakes! These are lovely and your baskets are wonderful! Gill x

Marisa said...

Eating starfish? I dunno about that but yours look great!

Hugs
Marisa :)

Ascension said...

Me encantan esos cestos y las estrellas de mar, te han quedado muy reales, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension