Saturday 28 April 2012

A wedding cake for a cheese lover!

Sometimes it's really good to make something that isn't a sweet or pretty cake & as I am a fanatical cheese lover.....although sadly, due to a severe allergic reaction to blue cheese, I can no longer eat it, even though I'd love to, I decided to make a cheese tower. Now I have done these before, but this time I decided that the end result would be a cheese tower wedding cake, lavishly decorated with grapes, apple slices & tomatoes.....



I managed to get it finished & photographed before I headed out to get the grass cut, as for one day it has actually stopped raining....the weather here is enough to make me want to shoot myself...the forecast for tomorrow is yet more heavy rain & gale force NE winds..worse than mid winter & it's late April...where on earth is the sun! I blame our wonderful government...they declare "drought" & place a hosepipe ban on the South of England & since then it's never stopped raining! Maybe I should shoot them instead.......

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Linda, we've had drought falling from the Sky for days..
Love the Cheese Cake..xxx

miraclechicken said...

What a beautiful unique cake!

Yucky weather here in Ohio USA too....

Gina said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE This!!!!!♥

Karon said...

The cheese wedding cake is a fabulous idea will you be bringing it to Kensington?

carmen said...

que bueno!

linsminis said...

Thanks girls..I'm pleased you like it!
Karon...I may bring it to Kensington in Dec as I only "do" that 1 day fair & not the 3day in May! xx

Eliana said...

What a wonderful cake! It is perfect!